Join our team!
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, conforming to local building codes.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Covers subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finishes hardware, such as locks, letterdrops, and kick plates.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Inspect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Welds metal parts to steel structural members.
- Install gypboard
- Tape and texture of all styles
- Painting procedures
- Apply stucco and texture all styles
- Install structural clips and straps
- Install shear plywood
- Install shear gypboard
- Lifting beams or other objects into place heavier than 100 pounds
- Implement Safety Standards consistent with Safety Program
- Begin to purchase your own tools necessary to perform basic carpentry tasks
- Any other duty which may be assigned from time to time
- Begin to blend job related education, skills, and experience to perform the following:
- Install all thread (epoxy)
- Install tie downs
- Install building paper and flashband
- Flash windows
- Install sheet metal
- Install caulking and sealants
- Trenching (Digging with shovels)
- Hauling (debris, materials, etc.)
- Stock material
- Clean up (debris, nails, screws, etc. daily)
- Dust protection of units
- Rough Demolition