Join our team!
Estimators prepare estimates ranging from conceptual to detailed estimating. They attend pre-bid jobsite meetings, prepare preliminary construction schedules, RFIs, RFQs, and other project documents. Estimators perform quantity take-off and develop estimates. They provide project management support to the Operations team and attend trade shows and other sales events. They take ownership of their projects, implement innovative ideas, and are accountable for themselves and their projects. They must demonstrate a mastery of construction knowledge and provide mentorship to those around them. Because of the need to visit project sites, this candidate is also required to have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to use the company shared vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree
- 3 to 5+ years in commercial construction and estimating experience
- Advanced desktop publishing, estimating and scheduling software skills
- Experience in building envelope repairs
- Field experience (recommended)
- Able to read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative
- Able to successfully work within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to delivering outstanding customer service and quality work
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record in order to drive shared company vehicles