San Francisco is quite possibly one of the perfect places to live. The climate is temperate year-round, the crime rate is relatively low compared to other major cities, and the cityscape makes for absolutely amazing views from every angle. More than 180 movies and several television shows have been filmed in or around the city. Two of the most popular television shows filmed in San Francisco were Full House and Charmed. Both shows drew audiences from around the world and had very large followings. Any way you look at it, we live in an amazingly beautiful city. Here at Saarman Construction, we make it our purpose to keep the city structures safe and looking amazing.
Post Earthquake Inspections
Everyone who lives on the west coast has been through it at least once – that anxious (or fearful) feeling that grips us when an earthquake hits. We’re usually going about life like usual when we’re suddenly shaken and it feels like the entire home is going to cave in on us. Who knew the walls could wave and move like that without breaking? Here are some important things to look at after an earthquake:
- Smells – Immediately use your sense of smell to make sure there are no gas leaks or indicators of fire. If you smell gas or smoke, leave the home immediately and call 911.
- Windows – Look for cracked or broken windows throughout your home.
- Walls – Thoroughly examine the walls to make sure they are not cracked or damaged.
- Your Lawn – Look for any sink holes or openings in your lawn or driveway.
- Chimney or Fireplace – Examine the fireplace and chimney to look for visible cracks and listen for cracking.
- HVAC – Look for damages to the HVAC system.
- Plumbing – Look and listen for any type of plumbing leaks. You can usually hear drips or spraying if there’s a leak in the lines.
- Kitchen – Look at all appliances, cabinets, and dishes. Cabinets may pull away from the wall and create an unstable home for heavy dishes.
- Roof – Look for any abnormalities on the roof.
Call us for a professional examination of your property following an earthquake. We will examine all of the areas listed above and then some. We will write up a repairs list and offer you a quote for all necessary repairs.
Rebuilding after Earthquake
Many people ask why do homeowners rebuild in San Francisco after an earthquake destroys their home? We feel that the first paragraph of this post explains that in detail. There’s something about the city that just feels like home. We stand ready to assist you in this process.