YES, Kindness is everywhere in our world, although we may not notice it all the time. BUT when we look for kindness, become aware of it, focus on seeing it and participate in it, then it will naturally grow in our vision and in our world. We utilize the Holidays to flex our Kindness’ muscle and make it stronger for the year ahead.
At Saarman Construction LTD we deeply believe in a giving back to our community, the earth and the world at large. Like many of you, this giving and gratitude mission is very important to our company culture. We give with our passions both individually and as a company.
Good healthy food is one of our passions, here at Saarman Construction. We have been contributing to the Urban Tilthe organization for a number of years. Urban Tilthe cultivates agriculture in west Contra Costa County to help their community build a more sustainable, healthy, and just food system. Food is life, and we feel it is important to connect people with their own food sources.
Since there is no other planet to go to we are extremely ardent at taking care of the earth. For many years all of our vehicles, both trucks, and cars, either run on Biodiesel & diesel fuel or are hybrid. Our bank is New Resource Bank and our investment firm is RSF Social Finance, both of these organizations invest in green energy and social enterprises. We get to see and participate in kindness in action through these very fine transparent financial organizations.
If you are seeking ideas for giving this year give to things that matter to you — to people and places and causes that you are passionate about. There are so many ways to give aside from cash; here are some Bay area volunteer suggestions with everything from helping animals to building homes and feeding the homeless:
- Hands-on Bay Area. https://www.handsonbayarea.org/about
- Volunteer Match- Offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities ranging from pets to people http://www.volunteermatch.org/
- KCBS SF offers their picks for volunteer opportunities http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-places-to-give-back-this-holiday-season-in-the-bay-area/
- San Francisco Chronicle gives a list of ways to help our local homeless http://projects.sfchronicle.com/sf-homeless/how-to-help/
- Habitat Humanity San Francisco/Silicon Valley offers ways to use your building skills to help local communities build & remodel homes http://www.habitatebsv.org/get-involved
- Several of our employees personally volunteer at Glide Memorial Church http://www.glide.org/Glide Memorial Church
Kindness and giving are ways we can make our world a better place.
Wishing you all kind and joyful Holidays!
The Saarman Team