Join our team!
We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, construction foreman to coordinate operations and train/oversee workers at our numerous construction sites. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project. The foreman will work closely with the superintendent and project manager to ensure the project is on track with manpower, expense, permits, and other regulatory compliance, as well as employee training on technical skills and safety procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make good quick decisions. The foreman must be well-organized, be a team player with effective communication skills and have a strong focus on safety always.
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, conforming to local building codes.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule employees, subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with the contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify employees and subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily updates of activities on the jobsite.
- Study blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assemble cut and shaped materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verify trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Erect framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Build stairs and lay out and install partitions and cabinet work.
- Cover subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fit and install prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letterdrops, and kick plates.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Weld metal parts to steel structural members.